Skip to main content

Day 25 (8/9/19): Finishing Presentation

Today I made a lot of progress finishing up my presentation. I feel like we developed an interesting story to tell around the data we collected from the experiments, and I am excited to get a chance to share my results. Much of the beginning of the presentation is spent explaining high level concepts such as deep learning and machine learning so I will have a better idea of what I will need to include after my meeting with Joe and Amy on Monday. I will continue to keep practicing my presentation over the weekend and possible include more results from iCaRL and MLP w/ EWC models if I can get them trained. Below I have included a visualization of one of the most important results from my project. Notice how the SLDA w/ Mahalanobis model outperforms the other models in accuracy and OOD recognition combined (the more area a model has in the spider plot, the better it performed overall).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 29 (8/15/19): Final Day Before Presentations

Most of today was also spent practicing and editing my presentation to make it as professional as I can. I'm really looking forward to the opportunity to present my work to faculty and friends tomorrow. Here is a link to the slides for my final presentation: Novelty Detection in Streaming Learning using Neural Networks

Day 28 (7/14/19): Presentation Dry Run

In the morning, all of us interns got the chance to practice our presentations in front of each other in the auditorium. I was pretty happy with how mine went overall but the experience was definitely valuable in identifying typos or slight adjustments that should be made. Throughout the rest of the day, I tried to implement these changes and clean up a few plots that I want to include for Friday.